Other Acid links
Sulfuric Acid Drain Opener
A woman was holding a child as she opened a cabinet to find some cleaning supplies. A bottle of sulfuric acid drain opener fell from the cabinet and spilled on both of them.
The child was hit the most and received the most severe burns, as shown in the photo.
Issues in the case
included packaging, labeling, and the relative hazards of sulfuric acid drain
openers versus alkali drain openers. Another issue was whether sulfuric acid drain
openers should be sold to the ordinary consumer or strictly limited to trained
Dr. Fox is a chemical expert with extensive experience in OSHA chemical regulations and chemical safety.
©2008 CHEMAXX, INC